What is PATHFINDER?
There are two programmes currently available;
PATHFINDER|One2One provides 10 hours of 1-2-1 pre-employment support, of which seven hours is online training across 6 sessions, the remaining time is spent undertaking unsupervised activities between the supervised sessions.
PATHFINDER|Groups provides 12 hours of pre-employment support to groups of up to 8 jobseekers. The course consists of nine hours online training across 6 sessions, the remaining time spent undertaking unsupervised activities between sessions.
Who would benefit from PATHFINDER?
Hands Free Computing can help many individuals. Although, they specialise in supporting those with disabilities and neurodiversities and with years of experience in adapting and tailoring their programmes, this programme can help anyone who is unemployed and looking for a career.
What can PATHFINDER do for the unemployed?
The programme has been developed to focus on supporting individuals to gain confidence in their own skills and abilities. Hands Free Computing claim this programme includes, but not limited to, in helping:
- Focus on talents aiming for sustainable employment
- Improve confidence, organisational and time keeping skills
- Develop and increase basic skills
- Teaches strategies to overcome any barriers to work
- Develop a ‘Future Plan’ to achieve personal and professional goals
- Identify any underlying issues and provide resources to assist the individual
Hands Free Computing have built a reputation in supporting working lives, especially those who have a disability or a neurodiversity. They have been involved in the Welfare to Work industry for over 25 years, building a national network of coaches, trainers and occupational therapists.
A recent job seeker took part in their PATHFINDER|One2One programme stated;
“Coaching has given me the encouragement to break down the things that are intimidating into digestible chunks, to make it tangible. I feel I’m on a road to success – a road I had been off of for so long – I feel now I’ve got the engine running and it’s full steam ahead.”
Does it work?
Hands Free Computing’s services are tailor-made to the individual as they understand that a one-size-fits-all approach doesn’t work. Their current statistics of coaching programmes speaks volumes with the quality of coaching and support given;
- 96% of individuals undertaken coaching with Hands Free Computing have improved in their confidence to progress in their role or to enter a new role.
- 93% of individuals improved their personal skills and lifestyle.
- 96% improved their organisational and time keeping skills.
- 86% improved their key skills.